Basic Sex Facts - 12/26/12
I was talking to my friend about sex (as you do), and she said that she was talking to a co-worker who didn't know things about sex that she considered to be basic, common knowledge. So today's episode is about some basic facts about condoms, lubrication, and various other bodily functions that they don't tell you in sex ed, and that porn doesn't show you.
A major thing we emphasize in today's episode is that often the reality of sex is different from what you might imagine, or what someone might tell you. Sex is complicated, hilarious, strange, and all around more multi-faceted. It's not always glamorous, but the more you know, the more fun sex will be, and the safer you can be.
If you don't know something you think you should know, but were too embarrassed to ask, don't be shy about e-mailing me. A great resource is the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as just talking to your local sex expert at the Safe Sex Store or Safety Girl.
(Edit: Also, I apologize for the low quality recording. This was done in my kitchen and it was Christmas, so we were kind of loud.)
- Condom Application Series
- Condom Use Among Adolescents
- Condom Fact Sheet
- Female ejaculation via Wikipedia
- 7 Ways To Know If You're Peeing Or Squirting
Music you heard:
- "9 AM Christmas Day" from Animal Crossing GC
- "Sex Ed Scene" from Monty Python and The Meaning of Life
- "Break Through" by The Funkees
- "Another Day" by Jazzanova
See you in the New Year!