For all you techies out there, here's a list of the various pieces of equipment that make us function as a whole (according to Paul, our ex-engineer).
We are licensed by the FCC to broadcast at 88.3 Mhz, 220 watts transmitter output power, vertically polarized. It's stereo with no subcarriers.
Our transmitter antenna is located at 42 16' 37" N., 83 44' 7" W. which is on top of the Dennison Building (formerly the Physics & Astronomy Building) on the University of Michigan's Central Campus.
- FM Air Studio: Broadcast Electronics Airtrack 90-12
- Production Studio A: Yamaha 01V Digital Mixer
- Production Studio B: Mackie VLZ-1402PRO
- Production Studio C: Arrakis SC2000
- We have lots of these, mostly TASCAM CD-450s.
Turntables (our favorites!!!)
- FM Air Studio: 3 Technics SL-1200MK4 (specially made to play 78 RPM!!)
- Production Studio A: 2 Technics SL-1200MK2
- Production Studio C: 2 Technics SL-1200MK2
- Production Studio B: 1 Technics SL-1200MK2
- Henry Engineering UTC (Universal turntable Controller)
- Phono cartiriges: Stanton 500 series
- Styli: Stanton D-5107A
- Preamps are either WCBN manufacture or RDL ST-PH1
(being phased out)
- Our sole operational cart machine:
- Production Studio A: ITC Omega
Reel to Reel Decks
- Production Studio B: Tascam 52
- These are all over the place....
- Denon DN-720R
- TASCAM 102MKII
- Marantz PMD 201 (for remote use)
Speakers, Amplifiers, etc.
- FM air studio monitor amp: Crown D-75A
- FM air studio speakers: Tannoy PBM-8 (Somebody blacked out the T so they say ANNOY)
- Headphones (lot's of these): Fostex T20s
- JBL Control 1 speakers
Emergency Alert System
- ENDEC by Sage
- The following EBS equipment was replaced by the Emergency Alert System as of Jan.1 1997
- We have to keep it around just in case...
- Receiver: McMartin AM3
- Decoder: McMartin EBS-2
- Encoder: Gordman-Redlich
Transmitter, Processing, misc.
- Telephone Interface: Symmetrix TI 101
- Digital signal processor: Yamaha REV 100
- STL Line Drivers: Ozone Manufacturing Model 1 (Homemade using NE5534s opamps -- zero output impedance!!)
- Remote Control : Advanced Microdynamics (now Burk) TC8
- Signal Processor: Orban Optimod
- Power Transmitter: Collins BT-250 (Serial # 1 !!! made in 1968)
- Exciter: Collins 310Z-II
- Backup Exciter: McMartin 910
- Our (vertically polarized) antenna is an Algon Antenn AB S-184 00 made in Akersberga, Sweden
- Modulation Monitors: TFT 844